Subject: Fwd: [Leica] Strange M8 artifact
From: eduardoalbesi at ciudad.com.ar (Eduardo Albesi)
Date: Thu Apr 26 17:38:18 2007

Hi Ken,

This is a known issue related to the output synchronization of the
two halves of the sensor. It has been noted before, and has been
discussed in the previous months on the Leica users forum, with
several samples off from different cameras.

If you examine with attention some of the pictures recently posted
here, you'll notice the same effect: take for example one of the
night street scenes Hugh Thompson posted earlier today:

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Hugh+Thompson/lowlight/
> L1000679.jpg.html
> http://tinyurl.com/2kttn5

You will see that the right half of the image is a little darker than
the left one, more evident in the sky area.

Good news is that it is completely solvable in software, and it is
said successive firmware revisions will take care of it completely.

Best,

Ed

El 25/04/2007, a las 16:23, Ken Iisaka escribi?: