Subject: [Leica] Strange M8 artifact
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Apr 26 16:09:13 2007

Ok so there is a hint in there for all of those owners of monitors where you
cannot distinguish this effect in the larger version.
Just think of those subtle tonal differences you may be missing when you
look at pics on those monitors ;-) If you're still looking
with an older CRT, no matter how highly specced, it's probably getting
tired, just like an old TV. But for any monitor, time to
consider your state of calibration?

I just recently browsed the competition gallery and my own, on two laptop
screens. Everything  washed out and colour well off. Not
surprising I guess, for screens set up for high contrast text reproduction.
Interesting that the little macbook did much better than
a larger widescreen Dell, though.

Cheers
Hoppy