Subject: [Leica] IR Cut filters Comparo and Question
From: davison_m at msn.com (MARK DAVISON)
Date: Sun Apr 22 14:09:00 2007

IR sensitivity in unmodified digital cameras is actually quite common, as
photographers who want to digital infrared photography have discovered.

See http://www.jr-worldwi.de/photo/index.html?intro.html  for a large but
incomplete list.

See http://www.naturfotograf.com/D70_rev05IR.html for a discussion of IR
sensitivity in the Nikon D70, and http://www.naturfotograf.com/index2.html
for a general discussion of digital infrared photography with Nikons.

I have measured significant IR sensitivity on a Nikon D2h, and an Epson
R-D1, but the M8 has the highest IR sensitivity of any camera I own.

Mark Davison