Subject: [Leica] Leica Service in Hong Kong
From: leicam4pro at yahoo.com (John Biava)
Date: Sat Apr 21 14:17:00 2007

For more than 35 years I have been putting a little beeswax on the threads.
works wonders and no mess.  I also had a paraffin stick shaped like a pencis
that was meant for brass zippers.  It worked well until I misplaced it.  It
may show up again someday...{8o)

Tom Schofield <tomschofield@comcast.net> wrote:  If your filters have brass
rings, get the cheaper aluminum stepping
rings. I had a bad experience with brass ring filters getting stuck
on brass stepping rings. heliopan seems to be the only one making
brass stepping rings. B+W went aluminum.

Tom