Subject: [Leica] Re:Leica USA incompetence again
From: jayanand at (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Fri Apr 20 20:33:15 2007

Anyway for sending anything from the US to me, I always insist on USPS, who,
together with the Indian Post Office, are streets ahead of UPS and FED EX,
who tack on charges which are arbitrary and exorbitant, and also recover
mythical customs duty for non dutiable items.

On 4/21/07, Jerry Lehrer <> wrote:
> Marc,
> I enthusiastically agree with you Marc.  I find the service at the PO to
> be superb
> Kudos to the POs at La Jolla and Pacific Beach.
> Our USPS has lower rates than any other nations postal systems.
> Jerry
> Marc James Small wrote:
> > At 10:34 PM 4/19/2007, Tina Manley wrote:
> >
> > >I overheard a conversation at the PO yesterday when a guy was
> > >inquiring when an expected letter would arrive from Hilton Head -
> > >that's Hilton Head, SC, about 200 miles from here.  He thought it
> > >should take a day, maybe two.  The USPS employee said, "Well,
> > >actually from Hilton Head it will go to Savannah, Georgia, and from
> > >there to Columbia, SC, and then to Charlotte, NC, before it arrives
> > >here in Rock Hill, SC.  It will take at least a week to 10 days.  Our
> > >government efficiency at work!
> >
> > Tina
> >
> > This is bunk.  I was spoiled by a really great branch USPS office at
> > my former home in Roanoke, Virginia; the one here in Chester,
> > Virginia, is a hell-hole by comparison.  For the all of it, even
> > parcel post shipments to the Flyover states get there in two or three
> > days.
> >
> > To put it in basic terms, think up a better system, and the word will
> > beat a path to your door.  You and I cannot do so, so why not hold our
> > peace and avoid cheap shots at the Post Office?
> >
> > Marc
> >

> > _

Message from leicachris at (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re:Leica USA incompetence again)
Message from images at (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Re:Leica USA incompetence again)
Message from marcsmall at (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Re:Leica USA incompetence again)
Message from glehrer at (Jerry Lehrer) ([Leica] Re:Leica USA incompetence again)