Subject: [Leica] integrity ?
From: leicam4pro at yahoo.com (John Biava)
Date: Tue Apr 17 16:18:22 2007

I will have to spend some time pondering if removing a distraction from a
photo that does not alter the truthfulness of the image is wrong.  A removed
set of stray legs or a telephone wire does not seem to me as a way of
changing the truth.  Something to think about for awhile....

Tina Manley <images@comporium.net> wrote:  At 04:12 PM 4/15/2007, you wrote:
>Yeah...I know Tina. I was just yanking your chain a little. :) I
>hope we know each other well enough to stand a little kidding
>around. :) If I offended I will have to head over that way and meet
>you and your husband for dinner again...is that place in Charlotte
>still there or has it closed?
>
>Bests,
>
>Harrison

I knew you were kidding, Harrison, but I had just read the whole
controversy about the photographer altering his photos:
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070415/UPDATE/704150342/1396
and wanted to make it clear that's not what I'm doing! :-) Adding a
basketball or a hockey puck to a sports photograph intended for
publication in a newspaper is certainly reason for being fired!

I'm not offended at all but you are welcome to come to dinner
anytime. The Pewter Rose is still there and better than ever. Tommy
and I should have eaten there last night. Instead we tried out a new
restaurant - 81 Degrees - and had what was without a doubt the worst
meal I have ever eaten in a restaurant - and that includes
McDonalds!! As Tommy said - "We've now eaten there twice - the first
and the last time ever." I hate to waste an opportunity to have a good meal!!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com