Subject: [Leica] OT equipment: XPan 30mm vs. PC Nikkor 28
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Apr 14 00:53:27 2007

People think panoramic they think wide angle.
I don't.

I'd do most my shooting with a short tele from my car window my windshield
pre framing a lot of shots and establishing state of frame of mind for me.
Its the horizon. You don't want it far way and small.

But if I got into the XPan I'd proably get the whole system would take me a
few years to save up for all the lenses I'd get one ever 6 months.

Most my Leica glass took me  year to save up for.
I got ten lenses in ten years roughly.

Some things cost a lot of money but they turn out to be worth it.

I thought this was off list but I see its on but I don't need to change
anything much.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY