Subject: [Leica] Uncle Ric's Wayback Week 15 (twofer)
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Thu Apr 12 08:07:06 2007

On Apr 12, 2007, at 10:43 AM, Leonard Taupier wrote:

> Ric,
>
> Both photos are pretty interesting. I've never seen a fishing shack
> unless it was on ice. I guess that's where they clean the fish. Or
> cut bait.

They keep their fishing gear there as well as liquor and food and
cooking gear. It's sort of a man's fishing home away from home. In
the back left you can see a little of a fish scaler, a tub the rolls
with a rough finish on the inside. The usual treatment is to remove
the head, gut it, and fry in deep fat, bones in. Properly cooked the
bones are edible.

> Now the second shot is a little more lively. Kids and a little
> older having fun. My eye caught the taller fella in the center with
> his shirt tails tucked in his belt loops. Is that a NC thing as
> well? Pretty neat. I would have never thought of it.

I think it's an individual fashion trend that never caught on.

> Looks like a fun time though. If you're young.

I have long said that you're not really an eastern Tarheel until
you've had a Sunday breakfast of cold herring and hot Budweiser,
extra points if you have a stiff hangover at the time.

Thanks, Len.

ric