Subject: [Leica] Uncle Ric's Wayback Week 15 (twofer)
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Wed Apr 11 18:23:38 2007

Redneck Salmon.

Each year, Jamesville, NC (on the Roanoke River) celebrates Herring
Festival. Herring are an anadromous fish that breeds in the swamps of
northeastern North Carolina each spring. They have been a food staple
as long as our history reads. Numbers are getting lower each year. A
limited fishery was allowed this year, mostly as a salute to
tradition. The commercial fishery is dead.

These shots for the 1982 Festival salute the old timers who long
depended on the fish, and the younger generation who just celebrated
and enjoyed it.

Seated at a fishing shack overhanging the Roanoke River.
http://tinyurl.com/364p59

Not all the reverie was that of old folk contemplating the past and
thanking nature for the bounty:
http://tinyurl.com/39dbpn

I didn't want to go either/or this week.

Thanks for you time.

Comment if you will.

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/