Subject: [Leica] Uncle Ric's Wayback Week 15 (twofer)
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Thu Apr 12 05:37:20 2007

Ric,

Great images! Every time I see you ST-801 photos it brings back
memories. I still have mine, along with an ST-901. (They both still
work). The 50/1.4 EBC Fujinon lens is excellent.

Regarding small silvery fish, when I was a kid my family vacationed at
Avila Beach, which is right by Cal Poly San Luis Obispo in CA. One night
my dad took me to the beach to see the grunion run.

Some people think the grunion is a myth. I wish I had pictures, but
because it took place at night under a full moon I'd have probably
needed a Noct and at 10-years-old I couldn't have afforded an M3, much
less a Noct.

It really was a surreal experience, which I remember to this day as more
of a dream than reality. For info about the running of the grunion --
fact or myth -- check this out.

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/Mrd/gruschd.html
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/Mrd/grnindx3.html

DaveR