Subject: [Leica] M8
From: leicadaddy at verizon.net (carlton phelps)
Date: Mon Apr 9 16:12:51 2007

I'm a newbe to the LUG list. My son-in-law Chris Williams, has been telling
me about the list for years so I thought, I'm an old Leica user so I'll see
what new things I can learn from the pros.

Chris finally talked me off my wallet and I bought the M8 and so far I'm
very pleased. I take more landscapes than people so the color shift has not
been a problem for me. I realize it could be a problem for the professionals
and would like to see that fixed soon.

I have spent more time with screw mounts and film so it always amazes me how
closely the M8 is to a film camera and the controls are a lot less
complicated than even my nikon D70, another camera Chris talked me into and
again he was right about that to.

Well I hope to learn a lot from all of you with more experience and hope to
meet a few of you the next time I'm back in New Orleans.

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] M8)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] M8)
Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] M8)
Reply from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] M8)