Subject: [Leica] IMG: People Even!
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Mon Apr 9 14:48:13 2007

>  We did not use a punchdown tool in a central office at that time, nor did
> I use one when

It looks very clear to me that he is standing in front of a frame of 66
blocks, probably of Western Electric manufacture, but very similar to these:

http://www.homaco.com/quickconnect/accessories/66%20block.htm

A 66 block is, by definition, a punchdown block and not a solder block. And
I can see bridging clips on the block at the upper left, on 26 pair and 34
pair. Solder blocks don't take bridging clips. So this is almost certainly a
punchdown frame, which made me wonder why he didn't have the ubiquitous
Harris D814 at his belt.

I also never saw a frame tech wear a watch, for fear of metal-on-metal
contact. But I don't think there was a rule against it.

Punchdown was used on outside plant, so this is probably the subscriber side
of an MDF.

Replies: Reply from leicam4pro at yahoo.com (Photo Phreak) ([Leica] IMG: People Even!)