Subject: [Leica] Wildlife in a Chicago Quiznos last week.
From: leicam4pro at yahoo.com (Photo Phreak)
Date: Fri Apr 6 10:17:08 2007

They have infested northern and north central Illinois for many years now.
They seem to love to eat housepets and young livestock.  They also breed
with stray dogs to create another form of pest.

  Any hunter who makes it known that he wants to hunt coyote as varmints in
northwestern Illinois will have the red carpet rolled out to him during deer
season even on farms posted No Hunting !

Jeffery Smith <jsmith342@cox.net> wrote:
  They are so reclusive, I have rarely seen one in the wild. In fact, I
recall
only seeing one in the wild. In the canyons east of Chula Vista, CA, we were
hiking around one day and spotted one about 200 yards away, moving away from
us very quickly. I feel sorry for the species. They seem to be universally
hated by ranchers, they always seem to be on the verge of starvation. I
recall seeing one in a PBS documentary who was unfortunate enough to wander
onto some territory "owned" by wolves. They decended on him and tore him to
shreds in just a few minutes.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com