Subject: [Leica] Quizno's coyote
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Fri Apr 6 09:36:48 2007

Jeffery Smith wrote:
They are so reclusive, I have rarely seen one in the wild. In fact, I recall
only seeing one in the wild.
=========================

Jeffery, when you come out here for the Santa Fe meeting you might see some
more.   I see them pretty often, but not in town.  My last house was up in
the foothills of the Sandia mountains.  We had tons of them up there.  When
we first moved here my daughter was in the 9th grade.  I remember her
telling me that while she was waiting for the morning school bus she saw a
group of big dogs that all "looked exactly alike."  At night they would
group in the arroyo across the street and set up a racket you wouldn't
believe.  I loved it.  But you are right that they tend to be reclusive.  I
once told a park ranger that I was surprised not to see them around.  He
said "don't worry -- they see you."

The best place to see them is at one of the Rio Grande bird sanctuaries like
the Bosque del Apache, where the Sandhill Cranes and Snow Geese gather.
Spectacular.

If anyone wants to see prairie dogs when they're here I can guarantee a
sighting right in Santa Fe.  You just have to know where the colonies are.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE

Replies: Reply from lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] Quizno's coyote)