Subject: [Leica] pocket digital
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu Apr 5 16:22:32 2007

At 4:05 PM -0500 4/5/07, Lottermoser George wrote:
>Hold up there now Howard!
>a) since Frost died - no loving partners qualify as critters - and
>vice versa ;~)
>b) looking for D-Lux 3 user responses
>c) DEFINITELY NOT looking for loving partner user responses
>Clear? ;~)
>
>Regards,
>George Lottermoser
>george@imagist.com

Now that that's clear -

All the Panasonics I've tried or seen have:

Great feature set

Well above average lens

Acceptable image stabilization

Mediocre to poor noise/noise reduction/image quality, even at 100 ISO
it's not clean. 200 and 400 basically pointless.

This camera is just fine in good light. If light levels below bright
are to be explored, go elsewhere.

Maybe a D-Lux 3 _plus_ a Fuji F-20; the latter is cheap ($150), and
is good for about 4 stops more than the D-Lux.