Subject: [Leica] A good while ago
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Tue Apr 3 14:30:40 2007

Don wrote,

>>The M8 has had surprisingly few problems for a new camera from a new
digital company.<<

Try as I might to convince myself I need an M8, the fact is I really
only want one. I can afford to be patient. One thing holding me back is
the "new" thing.

Every other camera company has gone through growing pains; starting with
an initial entry, then an improved version, then a new and improved
version, etc. Is Leica is immune to this? Did they get it so right the
first time that there's little room for improvement? It's possible they
did.

The thing I haven't figured out yet is whether the M8 is a one, two or
ten year camera. With my luck it'll have a 5 product life and my
patience will wear out and I'll buy one after 4 years and 11 months.

No matter what, the M8 appears to be a big hit and that's great news.

DaveR

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] A good while ago)