Subject: [Leica] A good while ago
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed Apr 4 05:45:11 2007

George,

Excellent post. You hit several nails right on the head.

I went from photographing a lot several years ago to very little this
past year. My equipment of choice changed.

During my recent dry spell -- which seems to happen every few years --
there was no better camera for me than my Contax T2. I might go several
weeks without taking one photo. But when I picked it up I never had to
worry that the battery was charged. For the most part, I kept it close
by.

When I finished a roll and took it in for processing it was always a
thrill to see what I did or didn't get. Surprisingly even though I
didn't take very many photographs a high percentage were good.

The T2 is so easy to use that I don't have to be on my game. I've owned
it for years and I pretty much know what it can and can't do well. I
don't try and make it do more than it should (which I've been known to
do with digital cameras).

Now I'm looking to buy a new camera to inspire me to photograph. Really
the opposite should be the case.

DaveR