Subject: [Leica] Re: new M8 IR filter report
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Tue Apr 3 13:46:07 2007

I'm not sure it's a a matter of smart or not smart.

I think it will come down to a matter of "taste," subject matters,
and working variables.

I have not yet received my filters, but I have the feeling, without
having tested them within my work flow, that I'll be one of the "on
and off according to conditions" types.

However, I'm totally open to being wowed by the "improvement" within
my current methodology and may very well become and "always on" kind
of M8 user.

We have yet to see what the 1.10 firmware will add to the mix. Rumor
has it that with 1.10 firmware coding and IR filtration will become
"the" required working method for maximum quality. Meaning that if
you're not using IR filters and coded lenses the IR issues may
actually worsen with the updated firmware. But it remains speculation
at this moment. In that regard Erwin's speaking a bit early and may
need to revise his tests with the new firmware.

Then again we may never see firmware 1.10 ;~)

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com

Replies: Reply from lists at sololeicas.com (Eduardo Albesi) ([Leica] Re: new M8 IR filter report)