Subject: [Leica] More M8 questions
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sun Apr 1 11:50:07 2007

Clive,

I wish I could answer that for you. My guess is that most of the
problem is variability of the lenses which is magnified on the M8. I
would think that Leica could fix them. I really am waiting for a Tina
report when she gets both pieces back. I tested all of my lenses very
carefully and find that while a couple lenses do back focus somewhat,
some also have a tendency to front focus. This is why I don't
recommend the hex adjustment even if the infinity focus stayed put. I
just hate giving up my equipment for a long period after enjoying it
most of the time.

Len