Subject: [Leica] IMG, Another Airplane Photo
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sat Mar 31 19:22:00 2007

Ted,

Thanks for looking, and for the comments.  Yes, I agree it is more fun to
fly in the old birds than to take pictures of them, but, after flying for 35
years, I had to give it up. So, for now, the photos have to satisfy my
airplane needs.  I will turn 77 next week, and hope to get a chance to take
a lot more of the photos.

I have never experienced the jump seat in the Mustang, but recall an
occasion during a short stay in Orlando 40 years ago when the usefulness of
the seat was obvious.  A young, local pilot who must have had independent
means taxied in and parked a Mustang, and, after he climbed out, a very
attractive young lady in tight shirt and hip-huggers climbed out behind him.
The Mustang sure seemed a fine way to impress the ladies.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA