Subject: [Leica] Friday FS - Nicely framed Wildlife Photographs
From: telyt at telus.net (David Young)
Date: Thu Mar 29 09:52:56 2007

All:

 From the Unabridged Random House Dictionary:

"chuffed: Adj. Brit. Dial.   Proud, Elated, Swollen with pride."

----------------------

Indeed, I am feeling just a wee bit chuffed.  By this weekend, I will
deliver twelve, of what I hope will be many, of my framed wildlife
prints to the British Columbia Wildlife Park, for sale in their Gift Shop.

The Park receives over a half million visitors each year, and their
souvenir sales are substantial.  It is not easy to get accepted, but,
as of today, I am a member of the fraternity. :-)

The park is run by a non-profit society and is entirely supported by
admissions, gift shop sales and the proceeds from a small
cafeteria.  For a photographer of BC wildlife, it is the perfect spot to be!

For those interested: http://www.bczoo.org/   If you're ever in the
Kamloops, BC, area - it's worth a visit.

These same, limited edition, tastefully matted and framed, wildlife
photos are offered here, signed & numbered by yours truly, for just $59.

If you consider the cost of getting anything framed, these days, your
first question has to be "how does he do it?"

Well, it's simple, I found a source of very attractive, yet
inexpensive, frames which look very much like the basic black metal
frames that most of us are so fond of for our own shots.   I then
went out and bought a mat cutter and mat board and learned how to do
the whole thing myself!    (I'd checked with a dozen or more framers
and none of them would do the framing for as little as I sell my
framed prints! And that's in lots of a dozen at a time!)

By the way, my supply of these frames is starting to run low, and I
am, it seems, unable to replace them.  When they are gone, I will
have to move to genuine, metal frames.  They are a bit nicer, it's
true... but this will result in my prices increasing by nearly $30,
just to cover the cost of the frames!  With the Wildlife Park selling
them, it won't be long before the price goes up!

You can see them all, at:  www.telyt.com

Visa & Mastercard accepted though PayPal.

BTW: If you have the need, publication rights to most of these photos
can now be purchased at: http://tinyurl.com/2amll4 - but the genuine
article cost considerably less!

Thanks for reading.
---