Subject: [Leica] TECH: Advice and experience requested - M8
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Thu Mar 29 07:39:07 2007

I believe the sensor measures the light being reflected from the
white stripe painted on the shutter curtain. The sensor has a lens on
it focussed on the central portion of the white stripe so the meter
is as close as the metal bladed shutter could be to the same as the
meters on the M6 and M7.
cheers
Frank