Subject: [Leica] TECH: Advice and experience requested - M8
From: s.yoder at verizon.net (Stan Yoder)
Date: Thu Mar 29 06:18:03 2007

> I think that the meter is measuring the reflection from the white band
> across the shutter, modified by the angle of view of the sensor

So the shutter aperture is larger than the sensor, i.e., 24x36. Hadn't
thought of (or investigated)
that, but it makes sense, in that the shutter assembly is reportedly from
the R8/9.

Someone used the term "average" in re the meter pattern. Other than the gray
segment, the shutter is
black, so is the meter "averaging" the gray segment with the
(non-reflecting) black ones? My hunch
is that it does not.

Stan Yoder
Pittsburgh