Subject: [Leica] Re:35mm film in plastic cassettes
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Mar 28 23:45:46 2007

It seems that we have a general consensus based on people's experiences that
normal ISO films are not adversely affected. GOOD. I
still cringe, however illogically. Here in Aus there is no guaranteed right
for hand inspection as far as I know.
I do know of one reported case where a pro photographer, I think, had a
confrontation in Israel with the security staff. He reported
that his gear was then repeatedly run through a scanning device and his film
was all completely ruined. I think Ted has said it best
regarding being polite and cooperative.
As an aside, typically I find that my M bag results in a stop and rescan on
the way through the machine. I've looked over the
operator's shoulder to see the purty outlines. I think that the large amount
of good old fashioned metal makes the Leica stuff stand
out from the crowd.
Anyhoo I've never seen any adverse effects to film here in Australian
airports. That's a very good thing.

Cheers
Hoppy