Subject: [Leica] CV15 on M8 - viewfinder?
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue Mar 27 14:47:28 2007

At 4:25 PM -0500 3/27/07, Clive Moss wrote:
>Oddly enough, I received the  CV 21mm finder this morning (along
>with a 21mm CV :-). The image size in the viewfinder is the same as
>the 15mm VF, but the total view is cut off compared to the 15mm VF.
>So, I put the 21mm VF on the M8, and tried to line up the frame
>lines in the 21mm VF with recognizable objects. Because I wear
>glasses I was unable to see both sides at the same time, but as I
>would expect the 15mm on the M8 captures a slightly wider view than
>the 21mm viewfinder.
>See http://www.flickr.com/gp/69738377@N00/5q41C1
>The pink lines are at about the frame of the 21mm VF.
>Now all I need is a decent 28mm and I am complete. I see another CV
>lens in my future.
>
>How good is the 28/35 mini? All I have for 28mm (the 21 on an M8) is
>an old Russian turret finder (which is a little dim but surprisingly
>good).
>--
>Clive
>http://www.clive.moss.net/blog/

The 28/35 mini shows noticeably less than the 28 Leica finder and
it's harder to see the edges with glasses. The 21 Leica finder is
very accurate with respect to 21mm lenses on the M8. On the other
hand, the CV mini is small enough to leave on the camera if you're
using the 21mm lens fairly regularly.