Subject: [Leica] M8 SD problem--me too!
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Tue Mar 27 04:42:10 2007

Quoth the Tina Manley :

> Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but it's supposed to say that.  Then you
> click on the N disk and it lists the contents.  I use Breezebrowser
> Downloader with Windows XP to download all of my files and I've never
> had it fail to recognize an M8 card or a Canon card.  With theSanDisk
> multicard reader, Windows Explorer or Downloader will show about 4 of
> those Removable Disk drives.  You have to figure out which one is the
> one with your card in it and click on it.  Then it opens and shows all
> of the files to be downloaded.  Right?

If you boot the computer with the card in the reader, the boot poll
returns the name of the card (eg, mine reads "EOS_DIGITAL" since I
haven't gotten my M8 yet..) and that's what shows in Windows Explorer
or any program that pulls its info from the WE setup.  If you boot
the camera without a card in the reader, or you plug in the reader
after booting, it can't get that initial poll and you get the default
"Removable Drive" indication.

If you leave the reader plugged in, the assigned drive letters won't
change.  For me, since the reader's built into the case (USB2
internal), the SD/SM reader is always drive M: and the CF reader is
N:.--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com
P O Box 571900                           voice/fax   713/783-3502
Houston, TX 77257-1900                   cell phone #  on request

Replies: Reply from clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss) ([Leica] M8 SD problem--me too!)
Message from clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss) ([Leica] M8 SD problem--me too!)
Message from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] M8 SD problem--me too!)