Subject: [Leica] M8 SD problem--me too!
From: gkase at ccfc.com (George Kase)
Date: Fri Mar 23 07:41:43 2007

Thought I would add to the general knowledge base by offering up the sad
fact that my brand new M8 won't read or write to SD cards...most interesting
was when I called Dave Elwell at Leica USA, he stated that he had never
heard of this problem before...I've gotta believe that just can't be
possible. I've tried 2 Sandisk Ultra II one gigs and get the "card full"
message on new cards...when I try to format, it'll go for an hour and still
do nothing. And these are cards that fire up in my Panasonic LX-1 no
problem. Another helpful suggestion from Mr. Elwell was to send it back to
my dealer to swap it out...which is even more delusional since no one in the
world has that kind of inventory...I know no one here can help but as I
begin this pointless exercise in frustration I at least want fellow LUGers
to know before they plunk down the cash that this is possible. I recommend
you have your dealer take the camera out of the box, and format an SD card
before shipment. Arrgggh!!!
George

Replies: Reply from phamard at numericable.fr (Philippe Amard) ([Leica] M8 SD problem--me too!)