Subject: [Leica] M8 first glitch
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon Mar 26 11:42:28 2007

Bad (digital) juju.  Easily fixed using film.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

NOTE: DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHERS MUST
BACK UP THEIR CAMERAS WITH OTHER CAMERAS WITH THE SAME DISCIPLINE
THAT THEY BACK UP THEIR IMAGE FILES.

Sat on a bench. Opened the M8 again. Popped both the battery and the
SD card out - then in again. Closed it up. The shutter worked. Put
the camera back in the bag. Didn't do any more photography.

Just now as I type this - I try the camera again - "Shutter 'Err"
again on the viewfinder display and "Attention Shutter Fault" on the
LCD screen. WTF? Anyone experienced or heard about this one?

Regards,
George Lottermoser

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] M8 first glitch)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] M8 first glitch)