Subject: [Leica] IMG: Lightroom scans to WEB
From: dlr at dlridings.se (dlr@dlridings.se)
Date: Sun Mar 25 00:40:40 2007

Well, Nathan said it could be done ...

So I've tried Lightroom with RAW files, but how would it work to use it
for my scans.

I took a roll yesterday (IIIf, 50 Elmar, Fortepan 400, Calbe 49 (Atomal)).

I scanned it this morning and moved the raw scans (around 40 mb each) over
to a little disk that I then connected to my laptop.

Instead of "exporting" I chose "upload" and Lightroom uploaded (by ftp) to
my server instead of exporting the whole set to a local drive (whereupon I
would need to upload with FTP).

http://www.dlridings.se/lightroom/2007v12/

Quick, unjustified crticisms : spotting (cloning and healing) is there,
but you'd rather do it in Photoshop.

I haven't sharpened them (do they look ok?)

I am using a laptop whose screen I am not used to (not calibrated). I've
just done things by working against the histogram.

Daniel

Replies: Reply from vintagebill at verizon.net (bill harting) ([Leica] IMG: Lightroom scans to WEB)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] IMG: Lightroom scans to WEB)
Reply from michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] IMG: Lightroom scans to WEB)