Subject: [Leica] OT - was Ken Rockwell, now Tom Corbett, Space Cadet
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Fri Mar 23 09:31:03 2007

2007-03-23-01:09:18 Mark Rabiner:
> I was more partial to Tom Swift Jr. and there were more of them and there
> were pictures. I'll never forget where ever they went to the dark side of
> the moon or the center of the earth the dreaded Bulgarians were never far
> behind. Their idea of a more vague red menace.

"...but I never thought I end up
    on this old space wheel."

Remember when the loyal chuckwagon-style cook sang a song to the tune of
"The Yellow Rose of Texas", while they were all up in the family space
station?

Such an enterprise Edward Stratemeyer

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Stratemeyer

set in motion...  the original (WWI-era?  the first one I encountered,
having before only been reading the Tom Swift Jr. series with titles
like "Tom Swift and his Repelatron Skyway", was the product of a
different era: "Tom Swift and his War Tank.")

Most of the first series, and some of the Junior, are now available from
Project Gutenberg:

  http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/authors/a#a8600

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] OT - was Ken Rockwell, now Tom Corbett, Space Cadet)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] OT - was Ken Rockwell, now Tom Corbett, Space Cadet)