Subject: [Leica] What gamma are y'all using for Mac monitors these days?
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Fri Mar 23 07:48:23 2007

Okay, thanks for the feedback -- it sounds as if there's been a change
of convention in the past few years while I wasn't looking.  I'll try
living with that really dark-seeming 2.2 gamma and see if it bugs me
less over time.

As for the white point -- that's practically a no-brainer, D65 is it.
Unless one's really into prepress work and needs to know how printed
materials will look under incandescent lights, then even warmer would be
indicated.

For the guy who's running his monitor really blue -- yeah, please try
D65.  The relationships between colors are much more likely to be
correct.  And I hope you're running your TV monitors at D65, rather than
the ridiculously blue balance that's often the default to cheat more
brightness out of them -- but I guess that's even farther off topic here.

Anyway, thanks again for the responses.

 -Jeff

Message from lwwesson at gmail.com (leo wesson) ([Leica] What gamma are y'all using for Mac monitors these days?)
Message from telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr) ([Leica] What gamma are y'all using for Mac monitors these days?)