Subject: [Leica] New Tripod
From: lists at gilplant.com (J. Gilbert Plantinga)
Date: Sat Mar 17 15:38:00 2007

I'll second that. For Leica M I have a carbon fiber 1128 which I use
with Leica's ball head. Very light and with the camera bag hanging
from the column hook it's stable as bedrock. That Leica head screws
into the M as fast as any quick release. That little Gitzo also comes
backpacking with the Hasselblad, but with a Linhof Profi II head and
the Hassy QR. For the R, especially with longer lenses I have a 1228
with an Arca ball head. I also still have a couple of metal Gitzos
and they're great too.

Gilbert

On Mar 17, 2007, at 5:23 PM, Tina Manley wrote:

> It's certainly not less money but the only tripod worth what it
> costs to me is Gitzo - especially the carbon fiber ones.  I have a
> small one, big one, and a monopod.  The monopod finally gave out
> after 20 years use as a hiking stick and monopod and I'll get
> another one.  The tripods are still going strong.

Message from bernardofeio at yahoo.com.br (bernardo feio) ([Leica] Tri elmar (s))
Message from lew at fastmail.fm (Lew) ([Leica] New Tripod)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] New Tripod)