Subject: [Leica] New Tripod
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Mar 17 15:36:59 2007

Lew,
Cheap tripods fail when you need them most.  Spend the money for carbon
fiber.  Gitzo is the best and cost accordingly; mine has lasted twenty years
of abject abuse but still gets it up when needed.  Check out some of the new
stuff, Giotti has some good stuff and MAC has some really good tripods for a
very good price but are still in back order status.

Personally, I picked up the newish travel Gitzo and am very pleased with the
less than kilo weight and the height it will go up to.  As you only have to
purchase it once the price wasn't too painful.