Subject: [Leica] SD cards in M8
From: jmilton2 at maine.rr.com (Jack Milton)
Date: Sat Mar 17 12:57:04 2007

  Apparently there have been some issues with 2GB SD cards. My three
2GB SanDisk Ultra II cards would not mount on my computer like other
cards. I'm told my older Lexar Multi-Card Reader did not have the
needed firmware (on the card reader itself, not a driver on my
computer) to read these cards. Lexar has a page from 2006 <http://
www.lexar.com/2gbsd/index.html> on compatibility issues for 2GB SD
cards - no mention of the M8, or many newer cameras or readers. A new
Belkin USB 2.0 Multimedia Reader & Writer has solved this problem.
I'm still using USB 1.x.

Jack Milton
http://home.maine.rr.com/jackmilton/