Subject: [Leica] Re:M8 - a reversal of viewpoint
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri Mar 16 15:11:42 2007

Chris and others,
But oh so much more efficient.  Shoot six variations of a shot, put them
together in LR and see which one works best.  In the film age you would have
to scan all six just to see the nuances; of course you could put them on a
light table with a good loupe and spend more time examining them.  Plus, new
software is not required.  You have full functionality with what you have.
The temptation to drift to new stuff is pretty strong as there are some very
bright and talented mathematicians out there making some wonderful tools.

For example the folks who used to run Applied Science Fiction before Kodak
murdered the company are back with two programs that are pretty cool.  One
maps the dust on a series of shots and will take it all out: this is perfect
for anyone with a few hundred frames or thousand that have dust in all the
wrong places.  They also have a really neat program to take the barrel
distortion out of fisheye images without losing the coverage.  Nikon's
software loses coverage, this program doesn't while keeping people looking
good and letting the background go somewhat funky.