Subject: [Leica] M8 - a reversal of viewpoint
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Mar 15 18:49:39 2007

Jeffery Smith offered:
>>Now I agonize over which lens to put on the front of it. Things were much
easier for the young Capa and young HCB, when the answer was "A Leica with a
50/3.5 Elmar" or "A Contax with a 50/2 Sonnar".<<<<

Jeffery old buddy,
With all your agonizing I'm sure it's been difficult. ;-) Pity. ;-)

But you do understand why Capa and HCB didn't agonize over stuff like all
the young guys who go through great turmoil's in their picture taking these
days?

Those two guys didn't bother thinking about every twitchy little thing, they
just went out and got it done!

The stuff that seemingly never ends here is amazing!  ...... they just shot
by feel and gut wrench, not thinking.:-) Look you can't shoot and think!
It's see....feel....shoot! Nothing agonizing about it.

Part of what I've said more than once..... "Don't think..... shoot!" Or in
your case..... "Don't agonize... shoot!" :-)

Have a good picture day, but don't agonize over anything. Just shoot! ;-)
And have fun!

ted

" <jsmith342@cox.net>