Subject: [Leica] [img] gun portrait
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Thu Mar 15 07:32:16 2007

Ken Observed:

>I think I was contaminated by familiarity with the shooting sports.
>The subjects were obviously wearing target shooting garb, like they
might
>have wandered off of a skeet range, but here they were by some water,
>possibly hunting or looking for something. So, the picture didn't make
>sense to me and no doubt prevented seeing the image fully.

It's actually the LeHigh Valley Sporting Clays course
(http://www.lvsclays.com/) which is built in an abandoned quarry in
nortern PA, about an hour and a half away from me. Very Scenic. So they
didn't actually wander off a skeet range, they were stil on it :-) Two
of the targets actually go up and curve behind those towers. They
basically just turned around and I had the woman move a bit to her left
to get her out from in front of her husband's gun, but that's about it,
it was almost a snapshot. I took four frames and they moved along. (And
I got a model release :-)

>http://www.armedamerica.org/temp/19f.jpg

kc