Subject: [Leica] M8 use filters or not
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue Mar 13 20:28:00 2007

The correct answer is that while your tonal values may be off compared to
the scene,  for B+W you are probably very safe
filter-less.

B+W is less forgiving, but for the types of images you shoot, a few wrong
tonalities in a guy's black jacket are not discernible and
inconsequential.

Keep the filters for when you sell the camera.... the next guy may be a
color guy.......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

But my use of the M8 is predominantly for B&W as it was with all the M's
before it. And in the future. So I've not had myself in a knot over the
problems many of you lads have. IR filters? OK send 'em along just in case.
But for B&W I don't think I'll need them? So far so good!

ted

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] M8 use filters or not)
Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] M8 use filters or not)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] M8 use filters or not)