Subject: [Leica] M8 use filters or not
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Mar 13 18:27:02 2007

Frank Filippone offered:
Subject: RE: [Leica] M8 use filters or not
>>> Don't pooh pooh the filters.  You need them if you are to be serious
>>> about using your M8.<<<<

Frank good point. Certainly for those shooting colour!

However, I rarely if ever used an M for colour other than the odd occasion
when the existing light was soooooo bad it was push whatever 400 slide film
I had 2 stops and still only be able to shoot at f. 1.0. at 1/15th. If I was
lucky. Black hole stuff! ;-)

So the chances of me shooting colour with an M8 are pretty slim at best.
Although what I have shot in colour has blown me away.... sans filters of
course.

Maybe again I've just been lucky where I was shooting, physical fitness
community Centre, loads of daylight through windows and fluorescent
lighting. It all looked beautiful. And the wild wild blue sun light of the
noon hour day. Everything cool and beautiful.:-)

But my use of the M8 is predominantly for B&W as it was with all the M's
before it. And in the future. So I've not had myself in a knot over the
problems many of you lads have. IR filters? OK send 'em along just in case.
But for B&W I don't think I'll need them? So far so good!

ted

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] M8 use filters or not)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] M8 use filters or not)
Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] M8 use filters or not)