Subject: [Leica] M8 IR FIlter First Impressions
From: robert.rose at mac.com (Robert Rose)
Date: Tue Mar 13 17:49:55 2007

First of all, I think the only image you can't fix is the one you
didn't take.

First impressions on a Tri-Elmar is that this filter works just fine,
as is, with no coding.  I can't see any cyan vignetting in "regular"
photos.  So, to push the thing I shot at the 28mm setting through an
ExpoDisk to get a clean white.  Then in Camera Raw I boosted the
exposure, and sure enough, there was some cyan vignetting.  It looks
like the image in the 2/2007 issue of LFI, p. 44.

Then I repeated this without the filter.  Same vignetting this time,
but not cyan.

Then, I used Camera Raw to remove the vignetting in both images.
Bingo!  Cyan gone, vignetting gone.

Conclusion:  put the filters on now and shoot to your heart's
content.  Stop testing, keep shooting.  Reevaluate when Firmware 1.10
is released.

Cheers
Bob Rose