Subject: [Leica] Slim 486 Filter; Tri-Elmar; Lens Caps; Coding
From: eric.calderwood at btinternet.com (Eric Calderwood)
Date: Tue Mar 13 11:58:44 2007

A word of caution.

I had the SLIM B+W 489 in 55mm for use on my 24 f2.8 asph, however I found
that the outer diameter of the SLIM filter is just greater than that of the
normal B+W F-Pro 489 by enough to prevent the hood from fitting. The hood
has two locating tabs that are at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock on the inner
edges did not clear the filter and thus prevented it from going on far
enough to lock.

Eric