Subject: [Leica] why users love it
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Mar 12 13:28:58 2007

Did you guys look closely? I understand that the size presented limits the
comparison. However without getting into the methodology
and brand loyalty the pictures AS SHOWN clearly show the M8 labelled samples
to be considerably sharper on my monitor. I can't tell
anything about tonal reproduction nor colour accuracy.
That's not to discuss what sharpening has been applied in camera, nor the
fact that the two cameras have different FOV with the same
focal length lenses fitted. Actually, the Nikon images AS PRESENTED look
softer than scans from film through Nikon 1.4 50's in my
experience as well.

Cheers
Hoppy