Subject: [Leica] Not very with it so...
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Mar 10 16:00:27 2007

On 3/10/07 6:20 PM, "John Collier" <jbcollier@shaw.ca> typed:

> No pics from the Tri-E. I just tried out how it handles.
>
> I don't mind new Asph lenses replacing their old siblings but not if
> the speed drops. I wonder if the rangefinder of the M8 has trouble
> with the 75/1.4?
>
> John Collier

Me I love slow glass. Compact. Light. Cheap. With an easy touch.
With an eeentsy beetsy chip of a piece of glass in the front.
No flair issues. Easy to clean. Doesn't attract undue attention.

Especially on my Leica M system where there is no issue as to how hard its
going to focus.
Nor how bright the viewing is going to be. As there is not a ground glass
issue.
Unless you've got the thing hooked up to your Viso.
I'm hankering for the new 28 2.8 ASPH.
High on my list is the collapsible 50 Elmar.
And anything else slow small and compact they can come up with.
Or old stuff from the 50's.
Leitz Wetzlar
F 3.5 and be there.

Mark Rabiner