Subject: [Leica] Re: Supersize me
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Tue Mar 6 15:13:53 2007

On Mar 5, 2007, at 9:29 PM, Tina wrote:

> There has to be something in the American society today
> that is causing people to be so obsessed with food.

MacDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, IHOP, Jack in the Box, Dairy Queen,
Subways, Quiznos, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Baskin Robbins, Dunkin
Donuts, Arbys, Taco Bell, and all other purveyors of fried fat. And a
multibillion dollar advertizing budget.

As far as upscale eating goes, the next time you open Gourmet
Magazine, try to find a recipe that doesn't call for a pint of heavy
cream.

We are a nation of plenty - and it all goes to our waistlines. On the
other hand anorexia is the fashion ideal.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Re: Supersize me)
Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re: Supersize me)
Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Re: Supersize me)