Subject: [Leica] shrimphaters
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sun Feb 25 08:10:21 2007

We have several local rabble rousers who like to torment the general public.
The Rev. Grant Storms, an extreme homophobe who also hates Catholics...
http://tinyurl.com/2dahl9
likes to torment the public with amplified bull horn insults. There is a
Rev. Pembo who is far less radical. He and Storms like to take on the
Catholics for such atrocities as nativity scenes at Christmas. And we also
can claim David Duke, though he is currently teaching Political Science in
Russia (I'd like to see his syllabus).

The important thing is that the locals pretty much ignore these guys. The
KKK used to lay flowers at the statue of Robert E. Lee in Lee Circle. People
just drove past them. I think the tourists are the ones who get caught up in
the hate-mongering by the religious right down here. We just take their
pictures.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com