Subject: [Leica] Been to the LR freebie
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Feb 22 16:47:03 2007

At 07:52 PM 2/22/2007, you wrote:
>The only part I still
>have yet to come to understand is how to manage multiple libraries
>and merge them, and how to use the programme to replace iView for
>writing my "diaries". T
>
>alastair

Alastair -  I don't think Lightroom is intended to be a DAM,  digital
asset management, software yet. You will still need something like
iView or Portfolio to manage catalogues or libraries of
images.  Lightroom will do everything you need to do before the
digital asset management stage.  Use Lightroom to import, convert,
adjust, size, keyword, label and save back to file that will then be
burned on a DVD and then added to the Digital Asset Management
software of your choice according to where the final file is
stored.  That's the way I do it, anyway.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Been to the LR freebie)