Subject: [Leica] Been to the LR freebie
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Thu Feb 22 16:34:19 2007

G'day all,
yesterday, I spent 4 hours at the Adobe launch of Lightroom in
Australia combined with a spruk on CS3. Adobe dominate the imaging
market and are not afraid to say so. Lightroom is only 1.0, but it
does look and feel like a well tested product. The only part I still
have yet to come to understand is how to manage multiple libraries
and merge them, and how to use the programme to replace iView for
writing my "diaries". The caption areas seem a bit "hidden". I think
they may need another output: printing, web, slideshow and diary/blog
or some name.

In any case, it seems the best solution for Leicas as it handles the
RAW formats for both the DMR and the M8.

Cheers

alastair

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Been to the LR freebie)
Message from heninger at adobe.com (Wade Heninger) ([Leica] Lightroom 30 day demo available)
Message from jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] New Adobe icons...)