Subject: [Leica] Re: Custom white ballance <WAS>: I Tried an M8; Color Question
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Tue Feb 20 08:12:21 2007

LOL about the thermometer thing Monte.  I am the vice-president of a
local camera club and sometimes the questions amaze me, simply the way
so many have bought really nice cameras and have no clue as too how they
work...one friend who has an amazing eye asked me what I meant by the
light meter!  She was always shooting in P mode...after I explained how
to meter and how to work in manual mode she got really very technically
good as well as compositionally.  She now understands lite a lot better
and her photos show it.

Personally I think one needs to learn how to do thing in a manual
work-flow, then once you understand that switch to some automated
features, that way when the camera is doing something "wrong" in its
automated mode you will know how to override it.

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography