Subject: [Leica] Re: The Elusive Digilux 3 (NOT DLlux3)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Feb 19 17:34:42 2007

On 2/19/07 8:24 PM, "grduprey@mchsi.com" <grduprey@mchsi.com> typed:

> Dave,
>
> The premium of the Digilux 3 over its Panasonic brother is only $500, the
> Paqnasonic is $1995 (most every one i have seen) and the Digilux 3 is
> $2400.
> The one advantage to buying either is that with a R adapter you can use
> these
> fantastic R lenses, a huge plus in my book.
>
> Gene

I think just about any R lens would look funny on the camera. They'd all
stick out funny on the sides.

And that lens that guy with the water and model had looked like it was
proably up for the job. Just about any job. Very cool looking. VERY
shagedelic.
I'm not bullish on adaptors. I say use the stuff the thing comes with.

All those people who bought Canons with the idea of an R adaptor how many of
them used Leica lenses for more than five minute before they just used the
very nice Canon glass with the silent AF and the full program?
I would. When in Rome. Wear the Roman togas. You rinse them out in the sink
with a little dish washing detergent and hang them over a chair to dry.
That's my lifestyle now.
Goodbye suburbia!

Mark Rabiner
New York, NY