Subject: [Leica] My 85-year-old mother is in love with this guy
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Feb 19 17:42:31 2007

On 2/19/07 6:57 PM, "Leonard Taupier" <len-1@comcast.net> typed:

> I tested the focusing of my 75mm Summilux when I first got my M8 a
> month ago. Here is the 45 deg test chart photo. It is perfect.
>
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/LeonardT/M8/75mmFocus.jpg.html>
>
> My 75 is a version two with the built-in hood. It's an early version
> 2 made in Canada. It's a beautiful, heavy, sharp hunk of glass.
>
> Len

Its a poorly designed chart.
2mm's behind could be it.

But its hard to tell becuae the fat line in the middle of course is going to
be easier to see than the thin lines beside it.
And it says "2mm" but in the center there is little writing so there is no
direct comparison.

Could easily be the 2mm behind is the sharpest.

I'd make a couple of different exposures too. Sometimes people breath or
something.

The line in the middle should not be fatter.

I'd shot a ruler.

Mark Rabiner
New York, NY

markrabiner.com